Terms and Conditions
4. MINIMUM AGE. You must be at least 18 years old to access and participate on this site. You guarantee and warrant you are at least 18 years old and are able to enter into this Agreement from a legal perspective.
5. EBOOK SIGNUPS AND MAILINGS. You have the option, but not obligation, to sign up and receive a free eBook from us. Should you do so, you are agreeing to receive further emailings from us of a commercial nature.
7. USE OF SOFTWARE. Company may make certain software available to you from the Site. If you download software from the Site, the software, including all files and images contained in or generated by the software, and accompanying data (collectively, “Software”) are deemed to be licensed to you by Company, for your personal, noncommercial, home use only. Company does not transfer either the title or the intellectual property rights to the Software, and Company retains full and complete title to the Software as well as all intellectual property rights therein. You may not sell, redistribute, or reproduce the Software, nor may you decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise convert the Software to a human-perceivable form. All trademarks and logos are owned by Company or its licensors and you may not copy or use them in any manner.
8. USER CONTENT. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content (“User Content”) to the site, you are granting Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a permanent, non-exclusive license to use User Content in connection with the operation of the Internet businesses of Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You agree that Company may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on the site, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content.
9. COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS. When accessing the site, you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, “Content”) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your User ID. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third party rights rests solely with you. All Digital Millennium Copyright Act matters are processed pursuant to our DMCA Policy, which you may access via the DMCA link at the bottom of the page.
10. INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any Content that (a) is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or threatening; (b) advocates or encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or foreign law or regulation; (c) advertises or otherwise solicits funds or is a solicitation for goods or services; or (d) provides medical advice to other users. Company reserves the right to terminate your receipt, transmission, or other distribution of any such material using the site, and, if applicable, to delete any such material from its servers. Company intends to cooperate fully with any law enforcement officials or agencies in the investigation of any violation of these Terms or of any applicable laws.
11. COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS. When accessing the Site, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, “Content”) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your account. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third party rights rests solely with you.
12. NO WARRANTIES. WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES. WE ARE MAKING THE SITE AVAILABLE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
13. LIMITED LIABILITY. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY US. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action.
15. PROHIBITED USES. We impose certain restrictions on your permissible use of the Site. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” “crashing” or instituting a “DDOS” attack on the Site; (d) using the Site to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Site; or (f) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by us in providing the Site. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
17. COPYRIGHT. All contents of Site or Service are: Copyright © ‘ . 2017 .’ ‘. Operated Access t/a Stove Specialists UK .’.
19. NO LICENSE. Nothing contained on the Site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by us or by any third party.
20. UK USE ONLY. The Site is controlled and operated by Company from its offices in the UK. The domain of the website is registered in theUK and the Site is hosted in the UK. The intended audience for this site consists of individuals in the UK only. Company makes no representation that any of the materials or the services to which you have been given access are available or appropriate for use in other locations.
Stove Specialists try to pay the full delivery cost for our customers, but do ask for a contribution towards the cost of delivery for some items and to some destinations.
- Free standard delivery is available for the majority of orders over £100 to mainland UK, except certain Highland postcodes, that incur a subsidised charge of £150. Additional delivery charges may apply for orders to Ireland or Northern Ireland.
- Purchases under £100 incur a nominal £30.00 delivery fee.
- Cheque payments must be cleared before goods can be released from stock.
- Dispatch for delivery normally takes up to two weeks, depending on availability. It can take up to six weeks in some instances, if the lead time is longer than six weeks you will be informed by email of the estimated lead time for your goods.
- Delivery of stoves to Ireland or Northern Ireland is available for selected products only. We do not deliver stoves outside the UK, Ireland and Northern Ireland. You will be contacted before your order is processed to confirm eligibility. This excludes any promotional offers we may run from time to time.
- Your goods will be delivered on a 10 tonne delivery vehicle (about the size of a bin wagon). Please let us know, as soon as possible, if there will be a problem with access, so we can make alternative delivery arrangements.
- Stoves & Fireplaces are very heavy. There will be one driver who will help, but we suggest you have at least one other person with you to assist.
- The driver will move the stove to the nearest wheel point, depending on access. The driver will be unable to move the goods across graveled, or unfinished drives, through narrow openings, or up steps.
- We must advise that you check the goods while the driver is still there. The driver is obliged to wait with you up to 15 minutes (for palletised goods only), whilst you unpack the goods.
- If the driver refuses to wait then please mark the goods as damaged on the delivery note, so you are covered for all eventualities.
- If you have checked the goods and they are found to be damaged, please mark this clearly on the delivery note.
- If goods are damaged please contact our Customer Service team, quoting your Order Reference and Delivery Note, and we will ensure replacement parts are sent out immediately.
- If you are unavailable when your palletised stove is delivered at your pre-booked time, then re-delivery charges will apply.
- If you are unavailable when package goods (e.g. fireside accessories) are delivered, the courier company will leave a note, explaining how to re-arrange delivery for a more convenient time.
- If you cancel an order after it has been dispatched, we regret that you will be charged for the return delivery costs, even if the products have not reached your address.
When an order is placed with us you will receive an email with your invoice and details of the products you have ordered. We ask all customers to double check that what has been ordered is correct, we will allow 12 hours after ordering for you to check your order, this applies to internet and telephone orders.
It is your responsibility to choose a product which suits your needs. Once we have delivered your product, you are responsible for storage and installation. It is your responsibility to ensure that products are installed correctly and in compliance with current Building Regulations and the I.E.E (Institute of Electrical Engineers) Wiring Regulations. Contact the Building Control Officer of your Local Authority to find our how these regulations apply to you. Click on the following links to find an electrical engineer or plumber in your area:
Local Authority Assured Trader Scheme
Gas Safe Register
Association of Plumbing and Heating Contractors
Electrical Contractors Association
We strongly recommend that you do not book a date for fitting until the item has been delivered.
We ask you to help us keep prices low by taking responsibility for ordering the correct item, and clearly specifying any options you require.It is the customers responsibility to ensure the fitters are suitably qualified to fit their product. If you are unsure then we recommend checking on the HETAS or Gas Safe approved web sites, such as: http://www.hetasengineer.co.uk
24. COSTS INCURRED BY YOU
We are not liable for any costs incurred by you or any loss of earnings. For example if a delivery is delayed in any way and you have to rebook an installer then we are not liable for any extra charges that the installer may charge you. We always recommend that you do not book an installer until you are in receipt of the goods. We are also not liable for any loss of earnings as a result of you taking time off work to accept a delivery even if it is late or delayed.
Cancellations and Returns Mail order, telephone and internet sales to individuals (not businesses) are covered by the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014, which protect you by providing a 14 working day cooling off period from the day after the product has been delivered. A customer has the option to cancel any order between the time of placing it and 14 working days after delivery. Cancellations must be in writing by post or by email to email@example.com (not to ANY other email address) and quoting the Order Number. Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014 you have the right to receive a refund within 14 working days of cancellation. We normally pay refunds within 7 working days of cancellation or when goods have been returned safely (whichever is the latter). You are advised to retain the packaging. You will find it difficult to return the item without appropriate packaging. The goods must not have been fitted, installed or used in any way. The goods must be unmarked and free from blemishes of any kind, and you must return them in a saleable condition. All spare parts are non returnable and non refundable due to being a special order. The cost of returning the item to us is your responsibility.
Our Returns Policy We strive to supply goods in excellent condition. Some of our products are both heavy and fragile, and need careful handling until installed. We will repair or replace (for free) any item found defective or damaged before delivery or during unloading. This is in addition to your manufacturers guarantee. We cannot accept return of products which are damaged after delivery. If you wish to return part or all of your order please email firstname.lastname@example.org, ensuring you quote your order number and the date you received your goods. You must confirm that the goods are in the original packaging, unused in anyway and that we are able to inspect the goods before signing for them. Failure to do this will result in no return number or address being issued. Items returned to us must be sent by recorded delivery. We regret that we are currently unable to participate in the UK VAT Retail Export Scheme. All spare parts are non returnable and non refundable due to being a special order.
Offers and Voucher Codes All offers on StovesAreUs.co.uk are non-transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, unless the offer directly stipulates eligibility. Voucher codes have an expiry date and can only be used once by the person they are issued to, any voucher codes cannot be passed on to a third party to use.
Offers The offer is limited to one firepit or Chiminea per qualifying stove. This offer is available while stocks last and is subject to change without notice. Product may differ from pictures shown or similar outdoor heating product offered. In order to qualify for this offer the free Firepit or Chiminea must be added to the shopping basket before checkout and cannot be added at a later date. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Surveys Payments for Surveys are taken as booking referral fees for a Survey only, not a full installation. The Contract of Sale resides between the Customer (you) and the Installer you choose not Stove Specialists UK. Stove Specialists UK and any related companies are not liable for any work or quotes carried out or supplied by the Installer.
25. AMENDMENTS. Company reserves the right to amend these Terms. Should Company seek to make such an amendment, which we determine is material in our sole discretion, we shall:
(a) Provide you notice by email of said change 15 days prior to the change going into force, and
(b) Publish on the home page the fact an amendment will be made.
Should a court of competent jurisdiction rule this Amendment provision invalid, then this Amendment clause shall be terminated as part of this agreement. All amendments to the Terms shall be forward looking.
Contract of Sale between the Purchaser(the customer) and the Seller(Operated Access / t/a StoveSpecialists.co.uk) begins when the Seller notifies the Purchaser of despatch.